At a Glance
- Potato Type: Yellow
- Prep Method: Pan Fried
- Cuisine: Latin / Hispanic
- Yield: 4
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
This recipe is from © Cattlemen’s Beef Board and American National CattleWomen, Inc.
- 1 pound ground beef (95% lean)
- 2 cups diced yellow potatoes (1/2-inch dice)
- 1 cup chopped, roasted red bell peppers, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup manzanilla pimiento-stuffed olives, cut in half
- 1 1/4 teaspoons adobo seasoning with pepper, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons smoked paprika, divided
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 4 ounces (1/3 less fat) cream cheese, softened
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8-inch diameter), warmed
1. Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef up into small crumbles; drain.
2. Add diced potatoes, 1/2 cup roasted peppers, onion, olives, 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning and 1 teaspoon smoked paprika. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in tomato sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, place cream cheese, remaining roasted peppers, adobo seasoning and smoked paprika in bowl of food processor. Process until smooth.
4. Spread each tortilla with about 2 tablespoons roasted red pepper sauce. Top with 1-1/4 cups beef-potato mixture; fold tortilla over filling. Serve with remaining red pepper sauce.
Calories: 451 Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 91mg Sodium: 1024mg Carbohydrates: 43g Fiber: 5.4g Protein: 34g