At a Glance
- Potato Type: Russet
- Prep Method: Baked
- Special Requests: Low Fat
- Cuisine: American
- Yield: 4
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
What can we say besides, “simply delicious”!
- 1 pound (3 medium) Side Delights® Russet potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable or light chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 ounce Stilton or other blue cheese
- 1/2 ounce Neufchatel or low-fat cream cheese
- Salt and white pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- In a large pot of boiling water, boil potatoes for about 1 minute or until translucent and slightly flexible; drain.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring 3/4 cups of the milk, the broth, and onion to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch with remaining 2 tablespoons milk; slowly whisk into simmering milk mixture. Add cheeses and whisk until melted; season with salt, white pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- In a large bowl, gently mix potatoes and cheese sauce.
- Spray 8 x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray; spread potato mixture in the dish in an even layer. Cover dish with foil; bake 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake about 20 minutes more or until sauce is bubbling and potatoes are tender.
- Cool slightly before serving.
Calories: 168 Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 8mg Sodium: 172mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 7g Potassium: 543mg