At a Glance
- Prep Method: null
- Yield: 24
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
- 2 cups Olive oil
- 1/3 cup Fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup Lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Lemon zest
- 1/3 cup Garlic, chopped
- 24 Skinless salmon fillets, 1-inch thick (6 ounces each)
- 12 Russet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 2 pounds Parmesan cheese, shredded
1. In bowl, whisk together oil, rosemary, lemon juice, zest and garlic. Pour over salmon fillets and marinate for 1 hour, refrigerated.
2. Heat a 10-inch nonstick sauté pan over medium heat and add 1/2 cup potatoes, spreading them to form a lacy cake 8 inches in diameter. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over potatoes. Cook until cheese melts and bottom of cake is golden brown. Transfer cake to sheet pan and keep warm. Repeat with remaining potatoes and cheese to make 24 cakes. Remove salmon from marinade and wipe off excess. For each portion, place 1 piece of salmon on top of 1 cake, covering half of the cake; fold other half of cake over salmon. Transfer to parchment-lined sheet pan. Refrigerate.
3. For each serving, to order: Place 1 portion in sauté pan or sizzle platter and place in 350F oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the salmon feels no resistance.