At a Glance
- Prep Method: null
- Ready Time:
Recipe By: Wayne Oden
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes peeled and quartered.
- 2 large onions, diced (Vidalia)
- 1/4 cup corn or peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked sweet Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon Chimayo Red Chile powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Extra oil for finishing
Boil the potatoes in salted water till completely tender. Drain well and return to pot. While potatoes are boiling sauté onions in oil with paprika and chile. Cook long and slow so they caramelize about 30-40 minutes. Mix onions into potatoes into potatoes and add more oil if it seems dry. Taste and adjust salt and pepper. Use a potato masher to blend. It should be a little lumpy. Pack into individual sprayed ramekins with a little extra oil on the bottom. Brush top with oil as well. Bake for 30 minutes till top is brown and crusted. May be served in or out of the ramekins.