At a Glance
- Potato Type: Gemstone
- Prep Method: Pan Fried
- Special Requests: Gluten Free
- Cuisine: Asian
- Yield: 4
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: British Potato Council
This Chinese 5 Spice Potato and Chicken Salad recipe is sure to please family and friends! Recipe courtesy of the British Potato Council.
- 2 pounds petite ,potatoes cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice seasoning (mixture of anise, cloves, cinnamon, Sichuan pepper and fennel seeds–commonly available in the spice aisle at your supermarket)
- 1/2 head Chinese leaf lettuce, shredded
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
Place potatoes in large saucepan; cover with water by 2 inches. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce to a simmer and cook until fork tender. Drain and set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and pepper; cook until browned and no longer pink in the middle, about 7 minutes. Add reserved potatoes and seasoning to skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes stirring frequently.
Meanwhile, combine the lettuce and vinegar in a large serving bowl; toss well. Add cooled chicken and potato mixture. Serve warm.
Calories: 345 Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 64mg Sodium: 142mg Carbohydrates: 38g Fiber: 6g Protein: 26g Potassium: 1365mg