At a Glance
- Prep Method: null
- Ready Time:
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
- 1 pound Tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 4 ounces Onion, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 ounce Garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1/3 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Jalapeno, chopped
- Salt As needed
1. On griddle or in cast iron pan over medium heat, cook tomatillos, onion and garlic, turning occasionally, until charred and soft. Cool; peel garlic.
2. In blender or food processor, purée tomatillos, onion, garlic, cilantro and jalapeno. Season with salt.
Tip: Serve on baked potatoes or offer as a topping choice for a baked potato bar.
Calories: 170 Fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 39g Fiber: 4g Protein: 4g Potassium: 698mg