A potato tradition with a twist!
What are Salt house potatoes?
Salt potatoes date to the 1800s, invented by local salt mine workers who created a simple and inexpensive lunch by boiling small potatoes in brine. Still popular today, making an incredibly easy and delicious side dish. Side Delights Salt house potatoes respect the heritage of salt potatoes with it’s traditional white salt and potato product. It also brings a twist to this tradition with premium salts and varietal potato combinations.
Available Types and Sizes
- Traditional white salt with potatoes in a 5lb. paper bag
- Premium salt and varietal potatoes in 2lb. bags
How to Prepare
- Wash the potatoes and set aside. Do not peel the potatoes.
- Fill a large pot with 2 quarters of water. Add the entire contents of the salt packet and bring to a boil.
- Add all the potatoes and cook about 20 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain; cover to keep hot.
- While the potatoes cool, melt about 8 Tablespoons butter in a small pan over medium high heat, or in microwave. Pour over potatoes. Serve immediately.