At a Glance
- Yield: 4
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: Lauren Keating – Healthy Delicious
This recipe, courtesy of Lauren Keating – Healthy Delicious, who was part of the Side Delights® Potato Power Bowl Challenge.
- 1 bag Side Delights® Steamables™ Petite Sweet Potatoes
- 2 pears
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk (from a can)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 teaspoons cashew or almond butter
- Microwave the bag of Steamables potatoes, seam-side down, for 8 minutes. Let cool 1 minute.
- While the potatoes cook, thinly slice the pears and discard the core. Melt the butter in a sauté pan set over medium heat. Add the pears and cook 4-5 minutes, or until they begin to soften. Stir in the brown sugar and cook until melted and syrupy.
- Remove the cooked sweet potatoes from the bag and cut them into quarters. Transfer them to a food processor or blender. Add the coconut milk and vanilla; blend until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the sweet potatoes between four bowls. Top with the cooked pears, blueberries, and cashew butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon, to taste.
- Serve warm.